Thursday, April 19, 2012

Beer: Bell's Brewery - Oberon Ale


Brewery: Bell's Brewery, Inc. (Kalamazoo, MI)
Beer: Oberon Ale
ABV: 5.8%
Score: 6
Date: 04.14.12

Last Saturday I tried Oberon Ale from Bell's Brewery for the first time. It is an unfiltered ale that has a citrusy taste. While drinking Oberon I have to say that I was not all that impressed. It's not that it tastes bad or anything but it just tasted like several other summer time brews I have had in the past. Maybe if I were outside during the summer it would have tasted better than sitting inside during a cool spring day, but I'm not sure. This may be a beer that I try again later this year to see if my thoughts change, but if not I will not be heartbroken. Oberon is my least favorite beer from Bell's, with Hopslam being number one and with Two Hearted Ale and Cherry Stout being up there as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment