Thursday, January 26, 2012

Beer: Magic Hat - Encore


Brewery: Magic Hat Brewing Company (South Burlington, VT)
Beer:      Encore
ABV:      6.4%
Score:    7
Date:      01.21.12


Magic Hat's Encore was another beer we tried last weekend. It is an American Wheat IPA that has decent flavor. However, if I remember correctly, this is the beer that my brother thought smelled like trash. While I somewhat agreed with him, the taste of Encore did not remind me of trash. It is a lighter brew that does have some bitterness to it, like any other IPA. Since I gave it a 7, it is an average beer for my tastes.

2 comments:

  1. I personally would lower the score to a 5 as the trash-like smell was very off-putting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flavor wasn't too bad, but agreed the smell was. Definitely will not be drinking Encore again any time soon.

    ReplyDelete